Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lets bring back real singing

Don't get me wrong. The auto tune stuff, i get it. It sounds pretty cool on a lot of songs.
I realize it's just the lastest tool in the toolbox and a lot of artist are having success. I was a big fan of Roger Troutman back in the day ( the master of the voicebox) and he had plenty of funk hits with that sound.

My only concern is that it seems to be replacing real singing. The kids see the success and go "wow, I don't need to learn how to sing, just master autotune". What a lot of them don't understand is, most of the artist who are using autotunes still understand what a hook is. Their either singers themselves or have worked with enough singers to know what it's suppossed to sound like.

Autotune is just a tool, not a replacement. You can have all of the tools in the world, if you don't know how to use them....your just a bad handyman.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go With It 2